Agile Service Manager | Paddington | Fintech | £80,000 + bonus/allowance/home working.
We are supporting one of the UK’s most loved brands and underway building them a brand-new engineering team which is based in Paddington, moving into the city early 2020.
This team are the ones taking responsibility of building a new banking proposition to the UK business market, a multi-million pound greenfield project!
We started building the team in early 2019 and as we come to the end of the year, the team is at around 45 people. Now we are looking for an Agile Service Manager to come on board.
As the Service Manager you’ll be responsible for coordination, consistency and collaboration of multiple systems in order to support a set of business services and ensuring Technology services are delivered and maintained in accordance with Technology Policy and Standards so as to meet agreed business service levels.
Working on Problem, Incident and Change Management, the Service Manager will represent IT Operations & Service Delivery and is responsible for working with Feature Teams, Product Owners and coordination with of resources in both the prevention and recovery of service incidents.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- You’ll be an evangelist of best practice for Service Management with the feature teams in a pure Agile organisation.
- Be a central point of contact and escalation for the business from a day to day operations perspective, including major incident management.
- Work with vendors and ensure incidents and problems are resolved in line with the SLAs
- Monitor end to end services in line with agreed SLAs, including regular review with the Business, Technology and strategic suppliers and identifying all lessons learned from service incidents and feed into ongoing quality improvement plans.
- Hold regular service reviews to manage progress, drive out and escalate issues and ensure clear direction and actively lead and participate in departmental service management forums and represent IT Operations & Service Delivery in any related corporate forums.
- Extensive Service and Systems management experience. Having worked in an Agile / DevOps environment is a MUST.
- Achievement of the ITIL practitioner qualification in Service Management
- SAFe / DevOps certification is preferred not mandatory though
- Should have had extensive vendor management experience and should have managed services offered by vendors.
- In depth knowledge of relevant technology services, software, and relevant business areas.
- An understanding of and ability to accommodate and blend the differing needs of multi-disciplined teams, consisting of internal and external resources e.g. Third-party suppliers, remote staff, contractors and other financial institutions.
- An excellent communicator with networking skills and who can interpret and present technical information into business language.
Salary is up to £80,000, annual bonus and a bonkers benefit package (inc 23% pension!!!), flexi working 2 day working for home. Interviews are taking place next week, which includes a telephone interview and then an interactive face to face interview. Please get in touch to discuss.