C++ Developer (BIG data, Machine Learning, IoT) Bristol £40,000 – £70,000 + shares
I am helping my good friends and one of my longest serving clients to find a couple of developers to join them at a very exciting time. If you want to work on something which is completely mind blowing and work with the nicest people ever then keep reading!
The company have been going for 8 years and have been very successful during that time but now the game has changed – big time. They were selected as winner of the ‘Best Emerging Technology in Big Data’ Working at the forefront of data, analytics, IoT and Big Data!
The team have created a platform which no other players in the industry have even considered and since launching this new platform have already secured multi-million pound sales with some of the world’s biggest companies. Their platform which they have created is the fastest and easiest way to analyse vast amounts of geographically distributed data. It provides near real-time insight whether it is sounds or years old. The next 12 months are going to be huge for the business.
They tick a lot of boxes, not only is the work really exciting but the team have created such a good culture. It’s a friendly, relaxed environment, with loads of autonomy and where everyone supports each other.
Your skills will look sort of like this, although if you don’t tick all of this please pick up the phone and let’s have a chat.
- Experience with C/C++ if you’re a Junior or Senior then they are open.
- Happy to work with cross discipline teams as required
- Knowledge working on high performance systems
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. perl, python, …)
- Willingness to work in other languages as required (SQL, Ansible, Perl, Python, Bash …)
- Experience developing for the Linux platform
As a plus:
Previous work in the field of database internals will be looked upon very favourably as well as experience with any of the following:
- Experience working with modern C++
- Strong SQL skills, especially PL/PGSQL
- Knowledge of Perl, Python and Bash
- Experience with Docker
- Any experience of Ansible
- Large scale applications
- Algorithmic design and programming
- Language parsing and abstract syntax trees
As an overview:
- Mature “start-up” – in their 8th year
- Venture capital backed by leading investment organisations
- Share options
- US company with R&D led by serial entrepreneurs based in the UK
- Work with big data (billions of rows a day) to produce high performance systems
- A friendly and relaxed working environment where everyone supports each other
- Work in a small team where everyone can take on any role and drive choice of tools etc.
- Work with modern compilers (C++17)
- Given the time to refactor and improve the code base when required
- Opportunity to travel if that’s for you.
They are based in North Bristol about 10 mins from Parkway and M5 junction. They offer flexible working and can also offer some remote working too.
Salary is depending on experience + shares.
Please get in touch to discuss 🙂