Campaign & Community Lead
£35,000 | Bristol
Our friends at Tumelo are looking for a Campaign and Community Lead to join their fast growing start-up in Bristol.
Tumelo is a purpose-led financial technology company, providing transparency and influence for investors who want to have impact with their money.
We believe in a financial system that serves both people and planet. So, over the last year, we have been building a platform that creates value-aligned investments for people like us (environmentalists, feminists, tech enthusiasts…) and giving those people their right to a shareholder voice, meaning collectively we can influence change at companies we own.
We are an FCA authorised financial institution and are at our most exciting stage of development as our app goes live in the market. We are backed by incredible investors (angels and venture capitalists) and are now welcoming pro-active and enthusiastic individuals (engineers, community managers and product specialists) to our motivated and committed team in central Bristol.
What’s the role?
This is an exceptional opportunity to design and implement campaigns that activate and support investors to change the world with their money.
As Tumelo’s Campaigns and Community Lead you will design, develop and deliver strategies to: grow our userbase, mobilize activist investors and
foster ongoing shareholder engagement.
In this role, you will be collaborating with Tumelo’s Product Lead and CEO to focus on three key areas:
Campaigns to mobilize activist investors
- We are looking for an exceptional individual who encapsulates our company values: Open hearts, ambition, bring the magic, long-term thinking & thoughtful listening.
- You are passionate, with high integrity, a hands-on attitude, and an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit.
- You flourish with the autonomy and independence.
- You have the flexible attitude required in a start-up environment, with the willingness to adapt your role and strategies to our needs as we grow.
- You have a demonstrable passion for social, environmental and/or governance issues.
- You are creative and curious, with a flair for marketing and good knowledge of current affairs.
- You are a strategic thinker, working to implement company vision, mission and values; setting over-arching goals and undertaking strategic analysis to meet campaign objectives.
- You can demonstrate that you are a talented writer, especially in email, social media and blogging formats, with the ability to convert complex issues into compelling, engaging copy.
- You are organised with a great attention to detail.
- You are quick to pick up digital tools and software. Currently we use MailChimp, Roadmunk, Discourse etc.
- You have the right to work in the UK
These are desirable rather than essential criteria. We welcome applications from people who do not have all the listed criteria but think they have what it takes and a willingness to learn by doing. When you apply, please make it clear which experiences you do and don’t have.
The Nitty Gritty
- Full time role e.g. at least 40 hours/week
- As an early stage start-up, our team are highly committed and extremely passionate. There is a high level of trust that we’re all giving 100%, so while we have some core meetings, hours can be flexible when required.
- Ideally, you’ll be based with us in our central Bristol offices. That said, if you’re great for this role then this point is negotiable, so don’t let it stop you from applying. Either way, please make your circumstances clear in your initial application.
- Competitive salary: around £35,000, though we are open-minded
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous company share options
We are a close-knit, open and honest team, working collaboratively. We are Bristol-based, by Temple Meads; work in an agile manner; and champion transparency both within our team and externally. We currently run two-week sprint cycles to maximise productivity of product development, including morning stand-ups, sprint planning sessions, demonstrations where we celebrate achievements and sprint retrospectives, where we analyse how the team performed over the previous cycle, focusing on how we can improve going forward.
We foster learning and development by working collaboratively and championing autonomy, and we make time to connect and reflect as a team through sprint retrospectives and monthly ‘celebrate success’ evenings including dinners, drinks, sport, board games… plus, for our first team retreat we are spending 3 days on a boat sailing in Scotland!
If this sounds like you please get in touch with Alicia (our recruitment partner) or Georgia (CEO Tumelo)