Cloud Engineer – Python & AWS £450p/d outside IR35
3 months – will extend
We have worked with this company for 3 years and have built one of the best software teams, which we’re once in Bristol. They are a software engineering and data science consultancy who support pioneering organisations deliver new products and services that rely on data and data science.
The business has been going for 10 successful years and we have helped them grow to 40 Python Developers, data scientist and engineers who have been busy building a first of its kind software product in the emerging space of Genomic Medicine. The majority of the team were based in Bristol, however due to covid moved to a remote first business and that’s the plan for the future, however they are planning on getting together once a month sometime soon.
About the role:
They are looking for a Cloud Engineer for a 3 month contract to join a fast paced, greenfield development project being built using AWS Serverless components such as Lambda, SQS and DynamoDB. You will also be contributing towards overall solution design and implementing high quality code to meet the solution design. The role will suit someone who likes to train and upskill teams, as the role will be responsible for coaching and mentoring other team members.
What your day to day will look like:
- Developing high quality code as part of their Agile Scrum
- Leading on how to implement robust, scalable and maintainable solutions using Cloud Native and Serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda
- Design leadership to help define the technologies, architecture and tools used with the team
- Actively contributing to the process of continual improvement
- Suggest and drive forwards the delivery of improvements to the technical solutions
- Experience as a Cloud or Software Engineer; being responsible for your own delivery, and helping to upskill others.
- Experience building Cloud Native, Serverless applications in AWS
- Experience in software architecture patterns, database optimisations, infrastructure, scalability and deployment.
- In-depth understanding of relevant software development practices, technologies and tools.
- A broad understanding of the software development lifecycle and practical hands-on experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior engineers
- Initial engagements will be focussed on Amazon Web Services using Lambda, Docker/Kubernetes and Glue
- Strong Python experience
- Prior knowledge of the heath industry
- Prior experience of FHIR clinical data services, or knowledge of modern Cloud Native solutions to the handling of health data.
Please get in touch, one stage interviews next week