Full Stack Developer required by a niche strategy and technology consultancy on a long-term contract basis.
The key focus of this role will be providing front-end and back-end design and development expertise in the delivery of Digital solutions for one of our clients. You will work on the next generation of a business-critical internal product for a major global financial services company.
The role will be based on client site in Hampshire with occasional work from the London head office.
What will you be doing?
- Developing the front-end and back-end code in support of the digital project delivery
- Ensuring any code meets coding standards (code reviews, unit testing etc).
- Troubleshooting development and production problems across the technically diverse Digital platforms
- Contributing to team best practices in Agile as part of a model of continuous improvement
- Attending the daily stand-ups for the technical workstreams they are responsible for.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who displays a can-do attitude, with solid experience collaborating in multidisciplinary agile teams.
- Extensive experience of Java 8 development using Open Source Java components and frameworks (notably Spring Boot, Spring Cloud) in IDE like Visual Studio Code
- Knowledge of design patterns (Reverse Proxy, Adapter, Event Queue, Circuit Breaker)
- Detailed knowledge of the use of Web services (SOAP & REST) and API Mocking (WireMock, Postman)
- Experience of SOA and Microservices in a Single Page Application (SPA) architecture
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, BDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) and associated tools (Rally, Jira)
- Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Pivotal Cloud Factory)