Full-Stack Developer (Java/React) | Unique Bristol Start-up using Machine Learning + Image Processing | Exciting + Unique Product
Have you ever dreamt about working for a cool central Bristol start-up, working in a product-based agile development environment?
Are you the type of engineer who thrives when given the freedom to use your initiative?
How about having the freedom to share your ideas and innovation?
Hopefully, that got your attention.
*COVID-19: They are looking at co-working office spaces in Bristol currently, WFH is fine for the time being but moving forwards ideally they would like someone in the office 3 days per week & 2 from home.*
The Company + where you can fit in:
They’re a small team, with big ambitions that want YOU to use your initiative and technical expertise to show them how to bring their ideas to life… Not only will you be working on maintaining and enhancing their existing features, but also collaborating to create new ones.
You’d be working alongside someone who has years of extensive product tech lead experience, who can give you the ‘What’ and the ‘Why, we just need you to show them ‘how’.
This company has an innovative product that uses machine learning and image processing, and it has quickly become the ‘go-to’ app within their industry. They have 200 different partners in Bristol who rely on their innovative idea, including charities, cafes, restaurants, and more… they launched their product in November last year and are already backed by several private investors.
When you find out what their product is, it’s the sort of thing that when you hear about it, you go… “Wow, that’s a darn good idea and I wish I thought of it myself” It is something that there has been a real gap in the market for, quite some time now and they’re ready to bring onboard their first internal tech hire for Bristol. They are currently outsourcing their tech to a local Bristol agency, and you would continue to collaborate with them on this too.
The experience we are looking for:
Most importantly you will need to be someone who is able to work well within a close-knit team, with the ability to take the initiative and lead from the front to ensure they’re using technology that will help grow their product. This is not a role for someone who relies on being told their every next step to put it lightly! It is a chance to really make a visible impact, here’s what we need from you…
- Experience of writing Java code
- Experience working with Cloud provider services (AWS/GCP or similar)
- Serverless and microservices-based architectures
- Non-relational database experience (they use MongoDB)
- Experience working with API’s (REST/SOAP)
- Basic design experience from a UX/UI perspective (and an interest in it)
- A passion to work with start-ups and develop yourself and the team around you
- You’re up for fun & socializing with the team
- iOS and Android mobile app experience would be highly beneficial, and they use React Native for their web application, a great chance to learn React Native if you’re interested in that.
- Experience of working with start-ups
- Experience or interest in Machine Learning & AI
Personality/culture fit is important to them in this role well as technical abilities, they want to find someone who is passionate about their product and help them with their ambitions to supercharge the product’s growth.
You do not want to miss out on this one, please apply if you feel that this would be a good opportunity for you or get in touch with Steph at SR2 for more details.