Software Engineer | Central Cardiff (Nr. train station) | Remote working options
Fancy yourself working for a Cardiff-based, Silicon Valley founded SAAS tech accelerator whose customers are multi-billion dollar financial firms globally?
Where you’ll benefit from a flat structure, ample autonomy and no corporate BS. Asides a super-cool office, rooftop terrace, above market salary, unlimited holiday & flexible working arrangements…
This is an organisation who are operating at the forefront of the Billion Pound Financial Services research industry, an industry that until recently has been serviced by dinosaur legacy software companies. Their sleek and modern user friendly software quickly secured them deals with some of the biggest financial services firms in the world, and they are years ahead of any competition.
Sounds great right – but what will you do?
You’ll join a team responsible for the flagship product across various platforms – Mobile apps, web, desktop, browser extensions will all fall under your remit. You will help develop new features and functionality and iterate existing ones always keeping in mind the end-user. As they are an advocate of devops you’ll benefit from a short feedback loop through continuous integration and deployment systems. The QA team will also help validate your work.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the product team to build and deploy new functionality and features
- Create code that is clean, efficient, maintainable & testable
- Work with fellow develops and designers on interface design, code reviews and testing.
- Coordinate with the US teams to ensure business goals are being considered globally
- Learn lots during dedicated R&D time and suggest new technologies
- Be proactive in respect of customer feedback – add functionality where requested
Their ideal developer will be…
Passionate, skilled and open-minded! You’ll be someone who likes to see things through to completion, from requirements gathering right through to deployment. Ideally you’ll pick things up quickly, and make it your mission to learn things you don’t know and broaden your skill-set.
And will ideally come with…
- Server-side programming using a mainstream language ie Node, PHP, Python
- Source control, unit tests, CI, CD
Interested? Put down the mince pie and apply now!
Job Reference: NS2445_1546449662
Salary: £25000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Flexi hours
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Perm
Job Start Date: ASAP