An opportunity for a Java developer in central Bath, to join a supportive and successful tech team within their working newly refurbished office.
They are a small but successful company who have a team of developers working across both C++ and Java. Everyone working there is super approachable and they have regular company socials to ensure they’re creative a good culture within the team.
The have a range of customers around the world across various sectors including the Automotive industry, Railway, Medical as well as some Space & Defence companies.
We are looking for someone who wants to take ownership, put input and initiative into what they’re doing and think outside the box of what’s being implemented. If thats you keep reading!
Within the role, as a Java developer you will be responsible for improving the user interface side of their product and designing UI features. As the product is split into two parts, there is the safety critical side in C++ and the other is the user interface which is all done in Java code.
Other technologies you will commonly encounter are Eclipse IDE plugins, C/C++, a client server system, Jboss tools, AngularJS, MySQL and REST API’s which are being maintained.
They operate across a flat structure and want someone who is able to collaboratively work within the team, whilst taking charge and ownership of their own little projects.
Day to day you’ll be:
- Responsible for the taking the product through from designing, developing and testing.
- Maintaining, making new features and improvements to the software.
- Working directly with end users and business partners.
- Collaborating with other passionate team members to deliver the best code.
- Strong Java experience
- Excellent communication skills
- REST APIs
- MySQL database knowledge
- Working knowledge of C or C++ (this isn’t highly essential, but will help you a lot within the role)
- Familiarity with Generics and annotations
If you’re keen on the opportunity and working within a collaborative team on a niche product appeals to you, I’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch with Steph at SR2 for more information on 0117 363 7406