I’m recruiting for a Junior IT Support Analyst to join my client based in North Bristol. You’ll be joining an exciting and fast-growing software company who are in a really strong spot, and are all set up to recruit and onboard remotely.
Due to expansion they are now looking for a Junior IT Systems Support Assistant to work in their Systems Support Department. This department is responsible for supporting the IT needs of their employees, ensuring the hardware infrastructure is maintained and recovering systems, both client and internal, in the event of loss of data or hardware. This involves building and hardening staff computers, client servers, virtual machines, and Azure servers and services.
The Support department works closely with all employees to ensure they are able to perform their required roles and with clients, to ensure that the servers provided are available, secure and robust.
It’s an exciting, rewarding and very varied role, with many opportunities for the successful applicant to further their IT knowledge.
Applicants are expected to:
- Install operating systems on both staff laptops and company and client servers both running locally, in their hosted environment, and in Azure.
- Develop support processes to provide server and data backups, monitoring disk space.
- Monitor support processes to validate backups, virus scanners, disk space and other factors.
- Assist in installing Windows Updates on servers including server restarts.
- Perform, in part, some DBA responsibilities
- Have good general IT skills and a willingness to gain additional skills as required.
The ideal person will have some IT knowledge around operating systems and servers and be super keen to learn. They are also very open to people from other areas of IT or who may have had a career break and are looking to get into a IT support role.
Salary is anywhere from £20,000 to £30,000 depending on experience.
If you would like to hear more please apply below.
1st Line support, 2nd line support, support analyst, IT Support