Lead Android Developer | Multinational e-Commerce | Central Bristol | Highly competitive salary + exciting benefits package
How would you like to take the lead on a brand-new Android team?
Whilst leading your team through a greenfield project, staying hands-on creating a brand-new Android mobile app and giving it an identity of its own using fully native patterns.
Maybe you’ve been in a senior role for quite some time and see no room for progression in your current company…
Or you maybe things have just gone a bit stagnant and you’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this to come along?
If any of that has caught your attention, my advice would be to keep reading and apply for this rare opportunity!
Bristol is home to the one of the most buzzing tech hubs in Europe, and that’s exactly why this business chose it to expand their engineering team even further out of London. The office is based right in the centre, easily accessible from Temple Meads train station and surrounded by great lunch + coffee spots.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading and establishing the Android team
- Offering your technical expertise, leadership and guidance
- You will own the delivery of the software, planning and release management
- Collaborate with product managers, other engineering team leads, and internal stakeholders to make sure requirements are being followed and achieved
- Having regular 1:1s with your team and creating development plans for them
Your project focus:
Your team is going to building an entirely new app for users on the Android side. Currently, the iOS app is being cared for, updated and maintained by their London team. However, one of their biggest markets is in South Korea and there is high demand for Android apps over there. So, the plan is, to give this app it’s own identity and build it from the ground up!
- In-depth knowledge of development best-practices for Android
- Expert skills in Android development
- A passion for good software craftmanship
- Leadership experience (whether it’s a small or a large team)
- The ability to communicate well
- Project managing skills
- A modern approach to software engineering practices
- Knowledge of TDD/BDD
- A passion for getting involved with the Bristol tech community + the desire to get involved at speaking at meetups/events flying their flag!
Please apply through the link and I will be in touch shortly after with more information and details on the process.
COVID-19 Update – Interviewing + onboarding through the current lockdown will be done remotely, they have everything in place and a clear plan on how they are going to achieve this including shipping equipment, regular 1:1s with the CTO around their vision on technology, a pairing/buddy system, daily remote team lunches, regular HR check in and onboarding. They are cracking on and making the most out of this tricky situation.