Lead Data Engineer | Java/Python | Consulting
Lead Data Engineer required by global consultancy onsite with a Tier 1 Bank in London. This role will work alongside Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Users, leveraging the latest big data technologies.
Candidates will require extensive experience with Java and/or Python and big data environments.
Experience required includes:
- Experienced in Java, and/or Python, Unix/Linux environment on-premises and in the cloud
- Java development and design using Java 1.7/1.8. Advanced understanding of core features of Java and when to use them
- Experience with most of the following technologies (Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Spark streaming, YARN, Kafka, Hive, HBase, Presto, Python, ETL frameworks, MapReduce, SQL, RESTful services).
- Sound knowledge of working on Unix/Linux Platform
- Hands-on experience building data pipelines using Hadoop components Sqoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Spark SQL.
- Experience with time-series/analytics db’s such as Elasticsearch
We have several contract Java roles currently live across London, please apply for further detail and insight into wider roles.