Lead Python Engineer £65,000 – £70,000
We have been asked to help this amazing Bristol company build out a new team and I am absolutely buzzing to be working with them (I’ve wanted to for years!) Not only do they work on some very cool high profile projects, ones everyone would have heard and seen but they are just the nicest bunch of people with great values and ethics.
To kick start this new team we are looking for someone to lead it. You will join a CTO, Engineering Manager and 3 other Lead Engineers (FE & BE) and be responsible for a new team of Python Developers. You should still love to code but also enjoy working with stakeholders and taking a strategic view products. The Bristol office is filled with a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone’s input is valued. Their focus is on solving complex problems in the most efficient way possible in a collaborative environment.
Skills you’ll need:
- Python with Django experience and some cloud, GCP ideally but open to AWS and Azure
- Experience of mentoring and or management and comfortable taking people under your wing
- Understanding of JS libraries and frameworks or you have worked with Front-End Engineers who have used Agular, React or Vue.
- Agile and Lean practices.
In my opinion you’ll be working with some of the most creative people in Bristol (I’ve seen there work – it’s awesome!) You’ll have loads of opportunities for growth and further leaning and work on different products. Get involved in worldwide talks and conferences and training courses.
They’ll give you the opportunity to do your thing, so if you need/want to work from home occasionally then go for it. They also offer free lunch every day, the most insane snacks and pretty much any drink you can think of – including Fanta Lemon!
Other bits and bobs:
- Headspace account
- Unlimited holiday
- Enhanced Pat and Maternity pay
- Enhanced pension
- On-site osteopath – get me there!!
- Gym membership
- A phone of your choice – up to £700
- Life insurance
- Plus more but I’m almost out of characters
Salary £65,000 – £75,000 based in Central Bristol in a stunning office.
Intrested? Please send your CV through and I’ll give you a call.