Lead Software Engineer | Bristol & Home working.
£75,000 – £80,000
Are you a Senior Engineer looking to move into a Lead position, or someone who is looking to take on more of a management position but doesn’t want to lose the hands-on element? We have worked with this company for the past year and have built one of the best software teams in Bristol. They are a software engineering and data science consultancy who support pioneering organisations deliver new products and services that rely on data and data science.
Whilst the business has been going for 8 years, the Bristol office opened 12 month ago, where they together we have grown a successful team of 24 Python Developers, data scientist and engineers who have been busy building a first of its kind software product in the emerging space of Genomic Medicine.
About the role:
As they move on to the next phase of growth, they’re looking for a Lead Engineer to join their talented engineering team to achieve their ambitious goals for 2019 and beyond. You will have a transformative impact by contributing significantly to the software of their core healthcare project as well as leading a high performing engineering team. You will be expected to be a hands-on leader giving your team a high level of autonomy while assisting and mentoring them in a number of areas. You will be an ambassador of their values and continue to implement the right approaches. You’ll create an inspiring team environment where ideas and knowledge are shared, and openness is valued.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivery of assigned development work to agreed timelines and standards
- Client satisfaction with the quality of the product delivered and service experienced
- Leadership and development of a high-performing software engineering team.
Your duties will include:
- Forecasting and planning
- Drive performance
- Do and develop: continue as time allows to undertake some engineering work yourself (particularly where you can step in to relieve the team when under pressure), maintain and develop own skills.
- Extensive technical and leadership expertise with hands-on development experience.
- Proven experience in leading, coaching and mentoring, building driven and high performing teams.
- Experience building and designing scalable and performance systems and making significant contributions to the wider engineering goals of the company.
- Experience in software architecture patterns, database optimizations, infrastructure, scalability and deployment.
- In-depth understanding of Python development practices, technologies and tools.
- A broad understanding of the software development lifecycle and practical hand-on experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Salary £75,000 – £80,000
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Remote working
They are also building a flexible benefit offering, that will enable you to choose from a range of options including, Private Health, Employer Pension AVCs, Nursery Vouchers, Additional Holiday, Perk box, gym and yoga membership.
They have built a brilliant diverse team and value diversity and foster inclusive environment. They are committed to equal employment opportunity and want to ensure that their recruitment process is accessible to everyone. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation during the process, please do not hesitate to let me know.