Lead Software Engineer opportunity | Scala/Clojure/Kotlin | Salary Up to £80k
Are you a Senior or Lead engineer looking for your next opportunity to lead a team of engineers in Bristol?
The Company and Your Role:
You’ll be working as a Lead engineer, within a high performing software delivery team who are working on projects for customers within the UK Public Sector. Most of their work is across Gov, Health and some projects within tech start-ups.
For this position they are looking for someone who is not only highly skilled technically, but also good with people and has a strong background in leading teams and mentoring other team members.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a passion for leading and to work with functional programming languages, ideally you will have a background in Scala but Kotlin or Clojure would be great too. The business a nice culture and working environment, their employees are given a lot of autonomy and work/life balance is a huge priority for them offering unlimited holiday allowance, flexible days/hours and WFH options as well as extended parental leave.
Through lockdown they onboarded over 40 new employees remotely, so are fully equipped for this and will provide you with everything that you need to be set up comfortably with Macbook Pros, equipment, training. They value building relationships with employees and having a very sociable culture, Friday afternoons are spent learning new technologies (not working) and they all go for drinks afterwards.
The experience they’re looking for:
- Experience working in a language agnostic/polyglot environment
- Strong expertise in either Scala, Kotlin or Clojure
- Track record of successfully leading teams of software engineers
- Experienced in working closely and communicating clearly with customers and users
- Agile practises such as Scrum, XP or Kanban
- Experience working with different databases
- Deep knowledge working with AWS and other Cloud/DevOps tools
- Comfortable with debugging within a range of systems
- As you’ll be spending some of your time mentoring/coaching less experienced team members, you’ll need empathetic people skills and a desire to bring the best out in your team.
Please apply if you are interested in the opportunity, or get in touch with Steph at SR2 for more details.