Lead Backend Engineer
Fintech company moving to Bristol – Remote working
Salary up to £80,000
There has been a lot of Fintech hype this week and it’s defiantly not stopping!! After a couple of exciting meetings we are exclusively working with a company to build a new team for a Fintech who are opening their doors in Bristol next year. The company are looking to shake up the finance industry after successful funding and I am looking for a Lead Backend Developer to kick things off!
The company is here to empower young people to know more about their spending, so they can do more with their money. Young people often lack the funds to live the life and have the experience they desire. They believe that with better insights into their spending, a product tailored to their financial needs, and a brand they can truly identify with, young people can have greater financial security and afford the life they want.
You’ll be the first member in Bristol and work fully remotely until we have added a few more members to the team. Although you will have an ambitious & playful team with diverse & interesting backgrounds, based in London and in Poland.
- Hack and Build Fast! They’re bold, move fast and apply original thinking to everything they do!
- Act Fearlessly! They explore big ideas, even if they initially seem too ambitious or crazy.
- Show Your Character! They work hard and laugh harder!
- No Egos! They don’t pull rank, the team are open, honest & humble, and believe that ideas are more important than job titles.
- Positive Intent – They create strong & honest relationships between everyone working in or with the business, they see the best in each other, as everyone is on the same mission.
About the Role
The backend is a solid and modern fundament for delivering users exciting functionality and data. By building solutions and API’s you will become a member of the core team.You’d be an integral part in the direction and purpose of everything they do. With your experience you’ll influence the tools used and the dependencies that the codebase has (or doesn’t have), whilst also helping to guide the roadmap and ingrain their values in their product.
They’re looking for:
- Experience in Ruby and Rails.
- Ability to coach, lead and hire
- Passionate about making high user impact and building the best experience for the user
- OOP, SOLID and CleanCode principles
- Experience using TDD practices
- Fluidity in operating Unix-based systems
- Experience in implementing and integrating with HTTP APIs
- Experience with REST/SOAP APIs
- Experience with microservices architecture
- You will be invited to Poland and Edinburgh next year for team fun!
- You chose your tech set-up
- You will be working remotely until the team is 3 people although they may set up some co-working space central Bristol.
- You will be included in events for equality, diversity and inclusion; recent events include Pride month & International Women’s Day.
- Monthly ‘Forced Fun Fridays’ – I’ll send you there Instagram!
- A balance of focus and motivation with chill out and fun
Please send me over your CV and let’s have a chat!
Thank you 😊
Job Reference: BBBH443_1544030810
Salary: Up to £0.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: