Senior Android Developer Opportunities | Multinational e-Commerce | Central Bristol | Competitive Salary + Exciting Benefits Package | Join a new team
A hugely successful online business are opening the doors to a new office in the heart of Bristol, they are expanding their engineering to the South West and looking for a number of talented Android mobile developers to join in on the fun.
Bristol is home to the one of the most buzzing tech hubs in Europe, and that’s exactly why this business chose it to expand their engineering team even further out of London. The office is based right in the centre, easily accessible from Temple Meads train station and surrounded by great lunch + coffee spots.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing user friendly Android applications to the highest quality
- Writing clean code
- Implementing UI designs
- Making suggestions of improvements to processes
- Making suggestions of improvement to applications
- Releasing application updates
- Co-ordinating with your team and communicating clear with other engineering teams.
- A passion for creating clean code
- A love for developing Android mobile apps
- Experienced with TDD or BDD
- You’ve developed Android apps that you want to show off
- Familiar with modern mobile UI/UX standards
- A deep understanding of Agile working
- Experience setting up a CI pipline
Your project focus:
You’ll be working in a cross-functional team, of around 5 engineers alongside the Android tech lead. Playing a huge part and contribution to the build of an entirely new app for users on the Android side. Currently, their iOS app is being cared for, updated and maintained by their London team. However, one of their biggest markets is in South Korea and there is high demand for Android apps over there. So, the plan is, to give this app it’s own identity and build it from the ground up!
Please apply through the link and I will be in touch shortly after with more information and details on the process.
COVID-19 Update – Interviewing + onboarding through the current lockdown will be done remotely, they have everything in place and a clear plan on how they are going to achieve this including shipping equipment, regular 1:1s with the CTO around their vision on technology, a pairing/buddy system, daily remote team lunches, regular HR check in and onboarding. They are cracking on and making the most out of this tricky situation.