Join an inclusive team changing the face of cybersecurity.
We prepare businesses to counter the latest cyber threats by helping their people to develop powerful, practical cyber skills.
We love a challenge and are quick to adapt.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 200 employees in our Bristol and Boston offices and announced funding of more than $45 million. Our technology is already helping over 250 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, while around 4,000 labs are completed every single day.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Immersive Labs has grown quickly fueled by demand for our cyber security training platform, we are now looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join the content research team in Bristol. This is a new role to design and develop defensive oriented labs on our platform.
As the Senior Security Engineer – Blue Team, you will actively identify and research tools, techniques and best practices, to develop and improve labs and challenges on the Immersive Labs platform in order to train cyber security professionals across the world.
Ideally, you will have a background in Security Operations or Security Engineering.
Your main responsibilities:
- To plan, develop and improve blue team oriented cyber security labs and challenges on the Immersive Labs platform.
- Write engaging content to teach users at all levels about cyber defence.
- In-depth knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK framework and how it is used to help enterprises deal with threats to their organisation.
- Support various events such as Capture the Flag and Hackathons.
- Produce multi-format content utilising various teaching methods including; written, exercises, questions, games and practical labs.
- Test cyber security labs to ensure they function as expected.
- Research defensive tactics, tools and best practices and compile this research to deliver practical and theory labs to users.
- Compile technical research into understandable concise content for both technical and non-technical audiences.
To be successful:
- Skills and expertise as a Senior in Security Operations or Security Engineering role.
- Have a strong technical understanding of networking, computing and cyber security.
- Ability to write theory and online learning content about IT/Computing and Cyber.
- Have the ability to use examples and analogies to simplify complex subjects.
- Familiarity with Linux, Docker and Python would be beneficial.
- Ability to work well as part of a team while leading and mentoring other team members.
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday, and a 4 year sabbatical.
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike