Senior DevOps Engineer | Big Data | SC cleared
Senior DevOps Engineer required by specialist consultancy that leverages data science, machine learning and advanced mathematics to deliver cutting edge solutions to the public sector. This Senior DevOps Engineer will join a new delivery team focused on big data/distributed systems project utilising Hadoop, Kafka and AWS.
This is a long-term project outside of IR35 that’s likely to run 12-18 months. Due to the nature of the work candidates will need to be eligible for SC clearance or hold active SC clearance.
- Experienced with complex systems using open source and commercial software within a public cloud-centric environment (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experienced with distributed/NoSQL data systems, such as Hadoop, Cassandra/HBase, and familiarity with the key issues affecting their performance and reliability
- Experienced with high-throughput, distributed message queueing systems such as Kafka, ideally using Kafka Streaming or similar (e.g. Apache Flink, etc)
- Experienced with distributed graph database technologies, such as Janus Graph * Experienced with logging technologies such as ELK Stack (Elastic Search, LogStash, Kibana)
- Experienced with CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code technologies, including Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, and Ansible
- Experienced with Cloud-Native technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experienced with Advanced Security, identity and access management technologies & techniques, such as Kerberos, LDAP and Vulnerability scanning
This is an urgent role offering an immediate start – please apply for more details.