A London based business who offer identity verification solutions are looking for a Senior Scala Developer to join them to work on their fraud prevention product – a unique investigative solution using the latest in graphical data visualization and high-volume parallel processing. They’re looking for someone with an understanding and interest in functional paradigm, distributed computing and message driven architecture.
You will define technical solutions and code architectures and be responsible for the development and delivery of secure, production-ready code. Ideally, you’ll be someone who genuinely enjoys writing code and have a high standard of quality in that regard! You’ll complete code reviews, contribute to discussions about how best to solve problems whilst keeping yourself up to date on the latest approaches, tools and technologies.
If you don’t tick every box, get in touch anyway as they can be flexible!
– Commercial experience with Scala and understanding of Functional Programming Principles
– BDD and TDD
– Participating in workshops
– Developing high and complex transaction, multi-threaded systems
– Developing highly interactive websites/apps
– Experience in integrated environments using managed source control systems
Desirable Experience (all can be taught on the job):
– Akka, Cats
– Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Neo4j, MongoDB)
– Solr, ElasticSearch
– Microservices, Docker, Cloud (AWS)
This is a fantastic company to work for who strives to maintain a culture that encourages and supports professional growth and continuous learning, whilst allowing for a reasonable work/life balance.
They also offer:
– 24 days holiday + ½ day on your Birthday
– Private Medical Insurance
– Season ticket loan
– Cycle to work scheme
– Plenty of social activities – Annual Summer & Christmas Parties, Team Food & Drinks, Badminton team
Sound interesting? Contact Rachel at SR2 for more information: 0117 403 6371