Service Designer (UX) Paddington | Greenfield Project!
£50,000 – £73,500 + £5k car, £5k allowance and bonus
We are supporting one of the UK’s most loved brands and well underway building them a brand-new engineering team which is based in a new office in Paddington.
This team are the ones taking responsibility of building a new banking proposition to the UK business market, a massive greenfield project! We started recruiting for developers in early March and have some amazing engineers, scrum masters, delivery and test now we need a creative designer to join the team, someone with a digital background ideally in an SME or Financial Services.
They are driving change at a very fast pace whilst still remaining true to their values! You’ll be working in a ‘start-up’ environment to design the experience for this new initiative.
You’ll be leading the end to end service design process, from framing a challenge, to research and insights, to concepts and implementation. Working with stakeholders at all levels to raise awareness and visibility of what good service design looks like and to influence change.
You’ll need to be prepared to show flexibility and work with momentum. They are looking for a collaborator who can deliver at pace and can listen and absorb quickly, but is also able to challenge effectively to drive the right outcomes. It’s a big role and a challenging one, but a great challenge for a cool designer and a chance to really make this role your own!
Your skills and experience will cover most of the following:
- An experienced service design practitioner, skilled in inspiring and leading change within an organisation
- An energetic and passionate individual who enjoys the detail and working across touch points
- A strategic thinker who loves ambiguous problems and getting into the detail and can think critically and commercially
- You are naturally curious and creative and can apply research, design and strategy skills to solve real problems to change organisations and services
- You have experience and can evidence designing and redesigning services and helping others to do so (research, journey mapping, blueprinting, synthesis, storytelling, usability testing etc)
- Be able to prototype services or parts of them, and create diagrams that clearly communicate services or situations
- A people person and a natural collaborator who can work in agile, cross functional teams to deliver end-to-end products
- Someone who can lead, inspire and motivate others and who gets a kick out of bringing people together to co-create and think differently about problems
I am open to speaking to a range of experience, salary is between £50,000 – £73,500 + £5k car and £5k allowance, annual bonus and a bonkers benefit package (inc 23% pension!!!), flexi working and a day working for home. I’m going to be shortlisting over the weekend as we would like to arrange interviews next week which will a one stage face to face in the office.
Please note I may well receive a lot of applications for this role, I cannot respond to everyone who is unsuccessful but if you would like to contact me then please feel free – 0117 363 7402.