User Experience (UX) Researcher – Tech 4 Good Start-Up
Bristol with home working
£32,000 – £55,000
After working with this amazing business for the past 2 years and watching them grow from 3 to 10 people I am so excited to be helping them grow and reach their ambitions throughout the rest of this year.
I’m not just saying this but they blow my mind every time we sit down and they talk me through what they have achieved so far and then their plans, they really are one to watch and I’m the lucky one to help them find their new team members.
A bit about them firstly: They are a purpose-led financial technology company, providing transparency and influence for investors who want to have impact with their money. They believe in a financial system that serves both people and planet. So, over the last year, they’ve been building a platform that creates value-aligned investments for people (environmentalists, feminists, tech enthusiasts…) and giving those people their right to a shareholder voice. They are an FCA authorised financial institution and are at our most exciting stage of development as their app goes live in the market. They are backed by incredible investors (angels and venture capitalists) and are now welcoming pro-active and enthusiastic individuals (engineers, community managers and product specialists) to our motivated and committed team in central Bristol.
This is a unique opportunity to activate and support investors to change the world with their money. You will work within a passionate design and technology team, delivering creative solutions to UX challenges within the world of purposeful investment.
As the UX Researcher you will work collaboratively with their Product Manager and Visual Designer to design, develop and deliver a spectacular user experience. Across high-speed, two-week sprint cycles, you will:
- Frame user problems and stories.
- Research user personas and behaviours.
- Co-ordinate and structure in-person and online user interviews to test ideas every sprint: design question sets, prepare sketches, organise interviewees, conduct interviews and analyse results.
- Analyse test results (from interviews and data sets from web and app metrics) to draw data-driven and evidence-based conclusions for concept development and product design.
- Balance user needs with customer requirements.
- Lead and participate in ideation and concept development workshops.
- Create quick-fire prototypes and mock-up wireframes.
- Map out user journeys.
- Proactively communicate results and design rationale to the product and tech teams via online libraries, Zeplin, collaborative discussions and Sprint Review presentations.
- Collaborate with our Visual Designer to develop mock-ups into high-fidelity prototypes with best design practice, accessibility, usability and brand alignment.
- Test with users, moving into live market environments as quickly as possible, focusing on user feedback.
- You are passionate about user experience, testing and design.
- You love working collaboratively in a small team and are a brilliant, proactive communicator.
- You are an enthusiastic creative, with a strong design portfolio and a great attention to detail.
- You flourish with autonomy and independence; have a hands-on attitude and an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit.
- You are quick to pick up digital tools and software. Currently they use Adobe Software and Zeplin.
- You have an established user research process that you can apply to improve and champion Tumelo’s design processes.
- You have successfully run user tests/interviews and can reference how you have translated test results into user-driven product decisions.
- You have a deep and established understanding of user-centred design principles for responsive and adaptive digital experiences; ideally having learnt from past successes and failures.
- You have strong experience in UX research, with established but adaptable researching, testing and design processes, specifically for IOS, web and android.
- You have worked in agile, fast-paced teams, building new-to-market digital products.
- You have experience working at financial technology companies, at a start-up or at a user experience agency.
Package and Benefits:
- £32,000 – £55,000 DOE
- Flexibility with working hours, as they are a close knit, collaborative team they would love you in their Bristol office as much as poss but if that doesn’t work for you then they can arrange home working.
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous company share options
I’d love to shortlist candidates before the end of the week so if this sounds like something you’d love to get your teeth stuck into please get in touch to find out more.